Tuesday, August 16, 2005

So Help Me God!

i just found out now, after checking the NCCA website again, that the writers' prize deadline has been moved to August 31, instead of the October 31 deadline it last had two years ago!!!

oh, God! and i've only just now finished the draft of one story!

this means moving aside all my other commitments and obligations, to produce two more stories in two weeks' time, instead of the two months i thought i'd have the leisure of having!

oh, God, it's just between you and me now. Help!

4 comments:

Nine Lives said...

i'll look at it positively-- at least, although my agony will be intensified, it will be soon, and shortened at that! : )

Anonymous said...

Take your time easy....that way, you can hear the sweet river flow of your own heart. Ask your Holy Spirit to guide you.....and instruct you.....He never fails....No need to panic. They are already stored in the innermost chamber of your soul....Breathe in....breathe out...slowly.....relax.....God is with you.

M

Nine Lives said...

oh how you know me so well, ma!

that is exactly what i did in the last two and a half hours, after an initial panic attack.

and i write of it here, my writing journey--

http://gracewithfire.myblogsite.com/blog

i know i said i'd slow down on my writing here, in this blog; but i didnt say i'd totally stop writing on blogs, much less create a new one, and write about my writing instead for a change! : ) : ) : )

the Muse takes me to illogical, magical paths when i submit my self to it!

Anonymous said...

That's right!

There is a big difference when what you say upon waking up, is:

Good Morning Lord!

or

God! it's morning!

M