Friday, April 06, 2007

soul-satisfying breaks

i'm on a roll working on my long overdue project paper for my M.A. Conflict and Reconciliation Studies degree. im set to defend this april 13, and graduate from my second master's degree on may 26.

this was supposed to have been enrolled last summer yet, but i never got to work on it except collect the data. i'm re-enrolling it this summer (i'll pay only when i have my paper produced, just to be sure im not wasting tuition money this time!) and im concentrating on finishing it all in just one week! ; )

to feed my energies well, ive been starting my days early, at 6am, with either an early morning walk or my meditations. for breaks, i write in my diary, continue reading Living in the Light by Shakti Gawain, and or just take short stretching exercises and even naps.

i've also been feeding my soul some really satisfying morsel--

last night i watched Fiddler on the Roof and cried so, but in a good way.

today, in between work, i'm savoring Anne Morrow Lindbergh's Gift from the Sea.

with breaks like these, i'm producing really excellent work and am confident i can meet the deadline i have set for my self to turn in my paper by april 11.

: )

No comments: