Sunday, March 16, 2008

Why Grief Doesn't Have to Hurt Forever

I found this article very moving and helpful. And it rings true for me, too, how I've been experiencing my father's and mother's recent deaths and their aftermaths...

This is the part that rings most true for me--

I now understood (that) if I could deal with the intense anguish from my mother’s death, I could now face any pain that would arise in a close, meaningful relationship. This allowed me to drop my guard and not allow fear to rule my interactions.


I hope it's as helpful to those reading this, too.

God bless us all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have had more than your share recently.

Experiencing the loss of one parent is difficult, but losing both within such a short time is more than many could bear.

But you must have inherited some of the strengths which each parent displayed so well because I think you are being as admirable as they in the way you are going forward for them.....

Nine Lives said...

Thank you for the encouraging reminder. :)