By Judy Gruen
In our media-driven society, it's easy to forget the awesome power of words. Words have enormous power to hurt or to heal, to make or break reputations, to uplift or degrade another human being. In this way, the words we speak literally change the world and how we view the people in it. Here are 10 ways to improve the world and ourselves through channeling our power of speech for the good.
Click here for the full article.
1. Avoid (gossip and) gossipmongers.
2. Talk about ideas, not people.
3. Think before you speak.
4. Use your words and your smile to uplift others.
5. Truth is no excuse; (practice verbal self-restraint.)
6. Judge others favorably; (always look for the good in people; there always is.)
7. Don't badmouth yourself either!
8. Change the subject when gossip begins.
9. Share bad news only if you must.
10. Be careful with praise (that it doesn't exclude others, too).