Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Contentment

i was driving around at mid-morning today, running my usual errands-- this time picking up the airline ticket for a talk i was going to deliver in Panglao Island, Bohol on sunday evening, and then bringing Paolo to his taekwondo lessons.

it was only a 15 to 20 minute drive, but i got so lost in my thoughts i felt like it took a whole lot longer after i snapped out of it. and as i snapped out of it, i remembered what i was thinking--. the quiet happiness and joy i am feeling these days from the love and cherishing of one fine man... (yes, it has finally happened!) : ), work to do and deadlines to meet, the children's school opening needs and their always fresh antics and questions that make my life so meaningful and rich... my plans for the next few months or so, and my goals and hopes and dreams for the longer future...

--and for a moment, i was able to mindfully step back from my self and my life, and i thought, my life now is exactly where and how i want it to be! perfectly imperfect, but on my own terms now.

and i looked up and said a little prayer of thanks, for all that has been, for all that is now, for all that will be.

God/Life/the Universe has been so good to me.

3 comments:

Timothy said...

Congratulations!! You deserve it!!

dan said...

It's funny you should mention that J. I read something similar on another blog.

I think when people are driving on a regular route, you're sunconcious takes over the driving and your conscious mind just wanders.

Nice.

Nine Lives said...

thanks, tim!

thanks, too, dan. i never realized it's a common experience of other drivers, too. you have a very interesting point there... hmmmm.