Thursday, June 02, 2005

Precious Moments

this is only my second day living an "ordinary" life again, but i am seeing how i let my life be held hostage for four years serving other people, to the detriment of my own personal wellbeing.

i treat everything with wonder and amazement now, like i'm seeing, hearing, doing it for the first time, and i savor each moment and the varied textures of each moment, slowly, langourously, even if the act is something as ordinary as soaping my self while showering, or chewing my food well when im eating, or wiping the dust off my books and rearranging them in their shelf.

i look upon my life with more awareness of its preciousness now, feeling more protective and nurturing, like a mother would her new baby...

im not going to mortgage my life to other so-called "success" things again.

2 comments:

dan said...

A simple ordinary life is the best kind to have.

Screw those corporate slave drivers.

Anonymous said...

Do you know? that chewing slowly and savoring the food that you eat in each bite....is the best way to lose weight? You will be full after at least 3 spoonfulls! beleive me, that's what I'm doing. Then,follow it with a glass full of water.

M