Tuesday, June 07, 2005

What Is Better Than Being Rich?

"I have found that I cannot predict the stock market except over very long periods. I cannot tell you when the housing bubble will burst - only that it will burst. I cannot tell you when the dollar will stop rallying - only that it will stop. So I cannot tell you anything that, in a few minutes, will tell you how to be rich.

"But I can tell you how to feel rich, which is far better, let me tell you firsthand, than being rich. Be grateful. ... Be grateful about everything and you'll feel a lot richer than the billionaires I know who are always moaning about everything that happens and who lament, like King Canute, that they cannot control the waves of the market or the business cycle."


- Ben Stein, writing in The New York Times

*****

that is how i feel these days, more than being rich. : ) ... life works out for the best, God is good, dreams can come true, anything is possible.

and it's a kind of feeling no one can take away from me now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be grateful...and be exceedingly glad......for yours...is the kingdom of heaven.....

I am very happy for you....

M

dan said...

I just feel rich by waking up every morning. That's enough for me.

Okay, so I've got dreams but it won't kill me if they don't come true.

Anonymous said...

Feeling Good...is Feeling GOD.
Self Realization means that you are already connected to your source.
You will now begin to see that dormant surfaces....will come alive. All will work in perfect harmony.
Always remember....that Happiness is only something that you decide on, ahead of time.

M