Tuesday, June 07, 2005

What Is Better Than Being Rich?

"I have found that I cannot predict the stock market except over very long periods. I cannot tell you when the housing bubble will burst - only that it will burst. I cannot tell you when the dollar will stop rallying - only that it will stop. So I cannot tell you anything that, in a few minutes, will tell you how to be rich.

"But I can tell you how to feel rich, which is far better, let me tell you firsthand, than being rich. Be grateful. ... Be grateful about everything and you'll feel a lot richer than the billionaires I know who are always moaning about everything that happens and who lament, like King Canute, that they cannot control the waves of the market or the business cycle."


- Ben Stein, writing in The New York Times

*****

that is how i feel these days, more than being rich. : ) ... life works out for the best, God is good, dreams can come true, anything is possible.

and it's a kind of feeling no one can take away from me now.

Post a Comment