Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Different

Paolo came up to me earlier today and asked, "Mom, do you also worry about us?"

I thought for a moment then honestly said, "No, not really. Why?"

"You're not like other moms then."

And I go, "Why is that, honey?"

"They keep worrying if their kids will do the wrong thing, make a mistake, turn out bad. Why don't you?"

I needed a few more reflective moments for that. It frankly never occurred to me why I didn't!

In the end, I answered him simply and truthfully--"Because I trust you. I believe in you. And I believe I brought you up right. God approves and takes care of us."

He beamed at that and said, "Even if I do wrong and make lots of mistakes???"

'"Even if, honey. I love you, anyway."

He hugged me tightly and went back to playing.

Until now, I am still pondering his questions and my answers, though.

I didn't realize our home is so different. I thought we've always been doing what everyone else is doing.

And how children notice, huh. Oh, how!!!

No comments: