Monday, February 28, 2005

Kids

Paolo looks at the calendar and asks, "Mama, isn't it Feb. 28 today?"

and i say, "uh--huh..." while working on the pc.

"isn't your birthday Feb. 29?"

and i say, "uh--huummmm..." distractedly.

"but there's no Feb. 29 in the calendar!!! they forgot all about you!!!"

"it's okay, darling. they celebrate my birthday with the Summer Olympics when it comes, anyway..." : )

and then, his clincher: "Mama.... how did you grow so tall if you didn't have a lot of birthdays???"

: O

3 comments:

Nine Lives said...

yeah, he says the darnest of things that make me leave my mouth open.

one time when he was three and i was teaching him to make the sign of the cross over and over... he finally sighed and said, "Mama, who's Amen?"

"Huhhh?"

"you said the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit... so, who's Amen?"

: D

Nine Lives said...

... that should be "that leave me with my mouth hanging open"... hmmm... or "that leaves me speechless" would be better!

"make me leave my mouth open"??!!! egad!!!

where did i go??? ; D

poor mouth, left alone. and open at that.

teehee.

dan said...

Hehehehe. Children are so innocent. Thanks for that story, it's brightened my day.