Friday, March 25, 2005

Bea's Wisdom

my four-year-old Beatrice, lying with her tummy on the floor, drawing with her crayons on a piece of paper, asks me, "Mama, how do i spell 'i love you'?"

so i spell it for her: I-L-O-V-E-Y-O-U

she sighed, "why does it take so long when it's so easy to say?"

i stop to think. hmmm...

"because 'love' is the longest word, darling. it has four letters. next comes 'you', which has three letters."

she pauses too, with the butt tip of her red crayon on her chin, 'so 'I' is easy. but 'Love' and 'You' take a really long time!"

***

you got it right, baby.

: )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beatrice is very wise for someone so young. It is probably hereditary. : )

Nine Lives said...

hahaa. thanks. maybe it is i who get my wisdom from them!

Sana* said...

Alas....! Children and their inadvertant wisdom. I think if alll of us revert back to a simpler, less stress way of looking at life, Overall the world would be better...na?