Friday, December 03, 2004

Chrysalis

Before it becomes a butterfly, a caterpillar goes through a growth stage during which it is called a "chrysalis." On the surface it may not look like much is happening, but the delicate chrysalis process changes the fuzzy caterpillar into an awesome butterfly with wings of intricate designs and intense colors.

that is how i feel about my life lately. on the outside, i seem to be the same, but on the inside, there are magnificently terrifying yet exciting rumblings of transformation going on.

not that the "same" me i am now was the me i was 3-4 years ago even. these years since 2000 have been fast-paced years of growth and change for me, expanding me and my life in so many ways. this year when i thought i finally had it all together, i am experiencing these inner shifts again for something more, something different.

my numerology report says 2004 is a "1" year, the start of another 9-year lifecycle, while 2003 was a "9" year, the close of a previous lifecycle. and that is how ive felt about my life too.

this year saw me having my own book published and launched to national acclaim. at the same time, joining my mom's and uncle's online butterfly business not only afforded me the increased income i badly needed to support my three kids and my self, it also gave me a taste of the global market out here-- how people thought and felt and acted and how i have quite a knack for customer service with my writing.

which all brings me closer to making a long-ago secret dream more vivid and attainable: earning from home freelance from writing, speaking, being consulted with, and travelling the world for free!

i am looking into some websites now, particularly AWAI's, on courses i could take for preparing me for this career shift. and i feel excited.

i know i still have a long way to go, and i have got to maneuver this shift as smoothly as i can, without significantly denting my present career path and chances while moving closer towards my heart's desires.

God help me and guide me in this intense time of transformation!


1 comment:

Kolbe said...

What do you do for a living? What have you written? Any of it online?

/me curious

Cute butterfly wings btw... :)

\\kolzen\\